This is a pair of raccoons Texas Wild filmed on our travels to Richland Creek WMA. We sat in the truck for hours in the hot hot heat waiting for these two to emerge. We instead captured the playfulness of these two raccoons.
Brief Intro to the Northern Raccoon….
Northern raccoon (Procyon lotor)
- • Range from the tropics to the cold temperate regions of North America
- • Introduced and widespread in Europe and Asia
- • Found everywhere there is water
- • Commonly associated with humans
- • High abundance can occur (up to 69 per km2 in urban areas)
- • Very omnivorous and adaptable physiologically (e.g., broad temperature tolerances)
- • Up to 23 lbs.